Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Silly dachshunds!  Always a challenge with these little ones around!  Our latest in the circus of our life is Cami and Stella "tag teaming" lizards!  Oh I'm serious!  

Cami follows them slowly and kind of corners them on a patio stone...and then Stella runs from across the yard and pounces on them to make the "kill"! Do you have any idea how many lizards I have saved in "just the nick of time" today?  At least *8*.  I'm serious!

I didn't realize what was going on until Cami got a little sick on the concrete.  As I was washing it away, I realized there was a lizard tail in there.  Cami just doesn't understand that lizards are NOT part of a diabetic diet.  I realize they're protein (of sorts), but they're just not good for her!  

I chased Stella half way across our yard (nearly 1/4 acre) to get a lizard from her that she had locked tightly in those strong dachshund jaws, with all the grass and leaves that it had been hiding in!  She carried it all the way to the back door, just thinking I would let her inside with it!

Imagine my shock when I got to the door (more than slightly out of breath) and told her, "Stella, drop it!" and she DID!  Too late for the lizard, but at least he wasn't consumed.  Stella stood back and watched me as I grabbed a poop bag to pick the lizard up off the door mat and carried it to the garbage!  Oh that little one is NOT happy with me now!  I robbed her of her snack!

It's still close to an hour until dinner time for the girls so they're both laying at my feet...pouting.  They could always ask my human children how much good pouting does...none.  ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home